Norton Motorcycles, one of the worlds must iconic Motorcycle brands is expanding its production capabilities, at its Manufacturing Facility in Castle Donington. Our Business is expected to grow significantly over the next 10 years as demand for our existing Quality Motorcycle range increases and our new V4 Superbike is introduced into the market.
We are looking for an experienced Purchasing Manager with a track record of delivery of all aspects of procurement within manufacturing/engineering / automotive industries. You will be an enthusiastic and capable individual whose internal relationships will be as important as those with your suppliers.
The Business is currently experiencing significant growth due to the increase in demand for our new and existing range of bikes.
- Experience in the procurement of raw material for in house manufacture as well as controlling secondary processes at subcontractors
- Understanding of a complex product range with multiple manufacturing techniques and a global supply chain.
- Develop and maintain commodity strategies for a range of motorcycles within your team to ensure that Norton is kept up to date on commercial and technical developments, as well as potential suppliers
- A proficient negotiator with proven abilities in influencing people at all levels within the organisation.
- Experience in component cost reviews from a total cost perspective as well as experience in bill of materials reviews
- An understand of manufacturing processes and the cost drivers
- Good understanding of legal regulations and contract management.
- Experienced in managing, motivating and leading a team of buyers.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Have an understanding of technical engineering, along with a strong manufacturing and quality knowledge.
- Strong commercial background within a manufacturing and/or engineering industry.
- Experience in best cost country sourcing
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to build productive working relationships with both staff and Directors.
- Integrity and confident when working under pressure.
- Ability to remain proactive at all times.
Salary package is dependent upon previous experience.
Please apply in writing sending your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org