Norton Motorcycles is an iconic, British motorcycle brand delivering exquisite riding experiences. For over 120 years, Norton Motorcycles has been celebrated worldwide for its unique place in motorcycle history. We are based in our new state-of-the-art facilities in Solihull, West Midlands, where we work in a tight-knit but ever-expanding team. Now under new ownership, Norton Motorcycles is proud to sit with the TVS Motor family.
Entering a new era, we are scaling globally and successful recruits will have the opportunity to be a part of that growth. The Norton company culture is built on respect, trust, and responsibility. We trust our employees to be fully capable of executing their role/s exceptionally and professionally, whilst valuing personal development, teaching and learning.
Norton Motorcycles is looking to recruit a Category Buyer to join its growing team. The individual will form part of driving the purchasing function of this UK based global brand to ensure a robust and committed supply chain.
You will have a successful track record of delivery within manufacturing / engineering / automotive industries. You will be an enthusiastic and capable individual whose internal relationships will be as important as those with your suppliers.
Previous experience within a manufacturing or engineering environment is preferred, and you will need to demonstrate the ability to manage the operational raw material requirements of a manufacturing business alongside managing and developing supplier relationships whilst challenging them on Quality, Lead times and Cost.
· Category expert for your area of responsibility – accountability for the supply base, costing and supplier prospecting in this area
Responsible for defining a category sourcing strategy for your area of spend in line with the Norton’s future product plan.
· Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications, ensuring that a professional and consistent approach is taken up.
Plan and carry-out robust Early Supplier engagement for all new Norton projects
Responsibility for all components within your category area on current production models. Acting as a point of contact to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues, escalating to management when needed.
· Support the purchasing function and other relevant departments, communicating any supply problems which may impact on a project/s within your category spend.
· Prepare and raise orders and order schedules.
· Negotiate contracts, improving prices and terms with suppliers whilst maintaining quality standards and expected delivery lead times.
· Work closely with team members to review opportunities for continuous improvement within the purchasing function.
· Access and contribute to the evaluation of current and/or prospective suppliers in relation to performance (quality, cost, delivery on time)
Benefits of working for Norton:
We offer desirable benefits for all employees of Norton, including;
• 25 days holiday (+ Bank Holidays)
• A generous pension scheme
• Life insurance
• WeCare Employee Assistance Programme
• On-site free parking
• Twice Yearly Event (Summer and Winter)
• Flexible working can be on offer for selected roles
• Competitive salary package
For any applications, please include the following information in an email to our HR Department: firstname.lastname@example.org
-The role you are applying for
-Attach CV and Portfolio (if applicable)
Please No Agency Applications