Parts & Material Planning Manager
Norton Motorcycles is an iconic, British motorcycle brand delivering exquisite riding experiences. For over 120 years, Norton Motorcycles has been celebrated worldwide for its unique place in motorcycle history. We are based in our new state-of-the-art facilities in Solihull, West Midlands, where we work in a tight-knit but ever-expanding team. Now under new ownership, Norton Motorcycles is proud to sit with the TVS Motor family.
Entering a new era, we are scaling globally and successful recruits will have the opportunity to be a part of that growth. The Norton company culture is built on respect, trust, and responsibility. We trust our employees to be fully capable of executing their role/s exceptionally and professionally, whilst valuing personal development, teaching and learning.
If you take on this exciting challenge as our Supervisor of Material Planning, you will lead the Production planning to effectively create and maintain an efficient production schedule that meet customer requirements ensuring material flow across the supply chain to support the current build schedule
The purpose of this role is to build and establish a Materials planning team that pulls together the 3 core areas of Operations, Quality & Purchasing in this new functional team. With a head count budget secured, we want to recruit a Team Supervisor who can then recruit and build their own team and develop the relevant processes in this newly established business.
The role will focus on the schedule and control the supply of components/materials to meet immediate production requirements and forward production programmes consistent with attaining target stock levels. To be aware of all factors that affects or may affect availability of use/fitment for all parts controlled.
Key Performance Indicators
- On time in full supply of parts to delivery schedule.
- Stock Holding & Stock Turns Analysis
- Arrears – number of suppliers and number of parts.
- Parts missed point of fit and line stops.
- Cost recovery – Full recovery of supplier liability costs
- Number and age of quantity related invoice queries
Duties / Responsibilities
- Manages and is responsible for the performance of the Materials planning team to ensure build requirements can be met
- Leads efforts to develop and recommend a master production plan for prime products that ensures product availability, supports inventory strategies and is capable of being delivered by the factory and supply chain.
- Maintain master data and dynamic data within SAP for purpose of effective demands management
- Plan and manage inventory across the supply chain, ensuring stock levels are maintained within parameters
- Manage adherence of order lines in SAP (Exception Messages) to ensure delivery to plan, including new parts introduction, in line with business processes and expectations
- Adhere to performance KPI’s and utilise the supplier business review process to address or improve performance
- Provide clear leadership for the development of an environment focused on Material Planning
- Assure supply of materials to meet the production schedule and / or minimum safety stock levels.
- Manage the inbound logistics of goods to avoid delivery delays, inclusive of management of documentation for quick delivery clearance through carriers
- Develop supplier relationships to allow constructive discussions to take place regarding delivery KPI improvements on behalf of the business. Lead and co-ordinate improvement plans with suppliers that are not performing.
- Assist Accounts Department in resolution of quantity/receipt related invoice queries.
- To issue schedules to suppliers on a regular basis using SAP or spreadsheets and monitor and follow up (expedite) all materials, ensuring that suppliers don’t go into arrears and schedules are achieved
- To review stock holding in line with Norton policy keeping stocks to a minimum level with high stock turns.
- Significant experience in Materials Planning, Purchasing and/or Logistics
- Automotive industry experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills with all levels internally and externally
- Demonstrate a positive and flexible approach and take an active/leading role where required
- Capable of the development and implementation of cost reduction initiatives
- Excellent IT skills and Good working knowledge of SAP
- Understanding of ISO9001 quality standards
- Supply Chain & Supplier Relationship Management
Benefits of working for Norton
We offer desirable benefits for all employees of Norton, including;
- Competitive salary package
- 25 days holiday (+ Bank Holidays)
- Private Medical Healthcare and Cashback Plan
- A generous pension scheme and personalised pension advice
- Life insurance (4x salary)
- WeCare Employee Assistance Programme which includes;
- Online GP services
- Dietary advice
- Mental health support
- Bereavement counselling
- Fitness programme
- Twice yearly employee event (Summer and Winter)
- Free electric bicycle hire
- Flexible working can be on offer for selected roles
- On-site free parking
For any applications, please include the following information in an email to our HR Department: email@example.com
– Full Name
– The role you are applying for
– Covering Letter