Product Line Manager
Norton Motorcycles is an iconic, British motorcycle brand delivering exquisite riding experiences. For over 120 years, Norton Motorcycles has been celebrated worldwide for its unique place in motorcycle history. We are based in our new state-of-the-art facilities in Solihull, West Midlands, where we work in a tight-knit but ever-expanding team. Now under new ownership, Norton Motorcycles is proud to sit with the TVS Motor family.
Entering a new era, we are scaling globally and successful recruits will have the opportunity to be a part of that growth. The Norton company culture is built on respect, trust, and responsibility. We trust our employees to be fully capable of executing their role/s exceptionally and professionally, whilst valuing personal development, teaching and learning.
The individual will be joining a fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll out projects that deliver Norton’s company visions and strategy.
- Knowing the business and customer needs through research and data collated.
- Appraise new ideas for visibility of the project to create leaner processes
- Lead project planning sessions to set project goals and objectives, determine timelines, define tasks, and outline resources necessary to successfully complete the project.
- Select and manage a team from among internal and external stakeholder organizations
- Monitor the progress of projects, including addressing issues that may arise and ensuring project deliverables are completed on time and to the correct specification.
- You will manage a portfolio and resources to ensure client engagement through project plans, schedules, project tracking, budget and resource allocation, Gantt charts, and workload analysis.
- Report regularly to management and relevant stakeholders on the progress of the project, challenges, resolution and evaluation of the whole project.
- Conduct project reviews, including creating detailed reports for executive staff and identifying areas for future improvement
- Ensure all project deliverables, deadlines, and client expectations are met
- Optimizing and improving processes, identify growth opportunities, and initiate new projects
- Effectively communicate with all levels of the business from shop floor to Director level
- Manage all relevant tasks from the team in the completion of multiple tasks whilst working alongside multiple projects.
- Creating and editing slide preparation for management cadence and product meetings.
- Collation of data for drawing releases from appropriate systems.
- Chasing of drawing releases from Engineering department.
- Collating lists of parts for inspection alongside Engineering/Quality.
- Analysing data and producing chase lists/progress reports etc.
- Budget creation alongside Team (Sub and Product Coordinator)
- Timing plan creation and monitoring.
- Monitoring ISIR/PPAP status prior to production.
- Ensure that the procedure, rules, regulations, and promote laws governing project management are well adhered to.
- Strategic and financial planning
- 4+ years’ experience within a similar product/project role
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization with strong management, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fully competent on various packages: Microsoft, SAP Systems and other Project software
- Advanced negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail
- Flexibility and creative thinking
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and time constraints in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- Advanced knowledge of project management best practices and methodologies and commitment to improving internal practices
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job
Benefits of working for Norton:
We offer desirable benefits for all employees of Norton, including;
- 25 days holiday (+ Bank Holidays)
- A generous pension scheme
- Life insurance
- WeCare Employee Assistance Programme
- On-site free parking
- Twice Yearly Event (Summer and Winter)
- Flexible working can be on offer for selected roles
- Competitive salary package
PLEASE NOTE, WE DO NOT ACCEPT AGENCY APPLICATIONS.
For any applications, please include the following information in an email to our HR Department: firstname.lastname@example.org
-The role you are applying for
-Attach CV and Portfolio (if applicable)
Please No Agency Applications