Norton Motorcycles is an iconic, British motorcycle brand delivering exquisite riding experiences. For over 120 years, Norton Motorcycles has been celebrated worldwide for its unique place in motorcycle history. We are based in our new state-of-the-art facilities in Solihull, West Midlands, where we work in a tight-knit but ever-expanding team. Now under new ownership, Norton Motorcycles is proud to sit with the TVS Motor family.
Entering a new era, we are scaling globally and successful recruits will have the opportunity to be a part of that growth. The Norton company culture is built on respect, trust, and responsibility. We trust our employees to be fully capable of executing their role/s exceptionally and professionally, whilst valuing personal development, teaching and learning.
Based within the Production Department and reporting directly to the Master Scheduler. The role holder will work closely with the stores, manufacturing and Assembly teams where new motorcycles are produced. The job requires a wide range of knowledge and practical skill sets to support day-to-day operations, which goes hand-in-hand with the introduction of new planning method and software and processes to allow strong planning and control of documentation.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Planning the build plan for the facility against sales requirements
- Communicating build plan across Stores, Manufacturing, Assembly and Sales Teams
- Logging adherence and performance to plan through Capture and Logging of KPIs across the operations team and circulate the performance and update the KPI boards across the facility.
- Control the documentation used in production and stored within a document register to ensure that all required information is stores as appropriate
- Manage the SVA booking process for complete vehicles
- Communicate with the business our performance and adherence to the production targets
- Communicating to sales the completion dates for Bike Completion activity on a regular basis as jobs progress against the build plan
- Produce and control a build documentation register to capture and record: Build documents, Registration documents and inspection sheets to ensure all information is logged and stored appropriately.
- Planning Experience in Assembly Environments
- Understanding of Production documentation
- Advantageous to have an understanding of automotive control documentation
- Experience of controlling and updating KPIs
- Ability to liaise with both internal and external stakeholders effectively
- Good Experience in Microsoft office
- SAP experience desirable but not essential
Benefits of working for Norton
We offer desirable benefits for all employees of Norton, including;
- Competitive salary package
- 25 days holiday (+ Bank Holidays)
- Private Medical Healthcare and Cashback Plan
- A generous pension scheme and personalised pension advice
- Life insurance (4x salary)
- WeCare Employee Assistance Programme which includes;
- Online GP services
- Dietary advice
- Mental health support
- Bereavement counselling
- Fitness programme
- Twice yearly employee event (Summer and Winter)
- Free electric bicycle hire
- Flexible working can be on offer for selected roles
- On-site free parking
For any applications, please include the following information in an email to our HR Department: email@example.com
– Full Name
– The role you are applying for
– Covering Letter