Norton Motorcycles is an iconic, British motorcycle brand delivering exquisite riding experiences. For over 120 years, Norton Motorcycles has been celebrated worldwide for its unique place in motorcycle history. We are based in our new state-of-the-art facilities in Solihull, West Midlands, where we work in a tight-knit but ever-expanding team. Now under new ownership, Norton Motorcycles is proud to sit with the TVS Motor family.
Entering a new era, we are scaling globally and successful recruits will have the opportunity to be a part of that growth. The Norton company culture is built on respect, trust, and responsibility. We trust our employees to be fully capable of executing their role/s exceptionally and professionally, whilst valuing personal development, teaching and learning.
We are looking to further expand our sales team, this exciting opportunity for a Retail Manager who will be based out of our new Norton boutique within Shoreditch, London. For this key role you will be working with one of the market’s most exciting growing British luxury motorcycle brands.
Duties / Responsibilities
- To manage the daily operations and sales performance of a boutique Norton store.
- Store Management, responsible for KPI target setting and rota management for sales team.
- To provide an exceptional premium customer experience from first contact with a client and throughout the sales process/ lifecycle of the product, anticipating customer’s expectations and an appreciation for luxury design.
- Manage sales appointments in own diary and support sales team with appointments where required. This will include Sales enquiry calls and holding a luxury service right up to collection of the bike. (Setting Expectations)
- Able to greet and manage client expectations within onsite appointments.
- Understand the client’s needs and identify relevant motorcycles/products to meet these.
- Keeps technical and product knowledge up-to-date by adhering to the Norton training schedule.
- Effectively negotiate bike, accessory, merchandise & apparel sales, maximising sales volume and profitability.
- Responsible for weekly store reporting framework, providing insight about the traffic, enquiries and sales delivered.
- Adherence to security and Health & Safety procedures, ensuring a safe, secure environment for staff and customers alike.
- Ensure final checks on bikes are undertaken prior to customer handover/delivery (such as accessories fitted).
- Handover bikes to customers, ensuring correct paperwork and registration documents have been completed prior to bike delivery.
- Recommend value added tools and solutions to increase sales efficiency and non-selling Merchandise or vehicles.
- Manage & maintain a personal database of clients through prospecting current and new clients.
- Refer clients to Service locations as/when required.
- Facilitate test rides – Ensuring each motorcycle is road-safe and that relevant documents have been obtained prior to (including insurance, driving licence etc).
- Understand the company’s business strategy and be able to priorities accordingly.
- Personality is key for this role to able to liaise with customers and help deliver an exceptional Norton Experience.
- Passion for motivating the boutique team and delivering excellent customer service journey.
- An out of the box thinking mentality, to surprise and delight clients
- Efficient and professional approach with the ability to multi-task
- Possess strong communication, organisational and time management skills
- Be able to handle daily people management (Including performance and reviews)
- General willingness to be helpful, enthusiastic and flexible
- Must be IT literate with thorough understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Motorcycle sales experience
- Luxury brand retail experience
- Processing vehicle finance applications
- Experience using SAP Software
Benefits of working for Norton
We offer desirable benefits for all employees of Norton, including;
- Competitive salary package
- 25 days holiday (+ Bank Holidays)
- Private Medical Healthcare and Cashback Plan
- A generous pension scheme and personalised pension advice
- Life insurance (4x salary)
- WeCare Employee Assistance Programme which includes;
- Online GP services
- Dietary advice
- Mental health support
- Bereavement counselling
- Fitness programme
- Twice yearly employee event (Summer and Winter)
- Free electric bicycle hire
- Flexible working can be on offer for selected roles
- On-site free parking
For any applications, please include the following information in an email to our HR Department: email@example.com
– Full Name
– The role you are applying for
– Covering Letter