Norton Motorcycles is an iconic, British motorcycle brand delivering exquisite riding experiences. For over 120 years, Norton Motorcycles has been celebrated worldwide for its unique place in motorcycle history. We are based in our new state-of-the-art facilities in Solihull, West Midlands, where we work in a tight-knit but ever-expanding team. Now under new ownership, Norton Motorcycles is proud to sit with the TVS Motor family.
Entering a new era, we are scaling globally and successful recruits will have the opportunity to be a part of that growth. The Norton company culture is built on respect, trust, and responsibility. We trust our employees to be fully capable of executing their role/s exceptionally and professionally, whilst valuing personal development, teaching and learning.
Working in the analysis team you will be responsible for performing part of the whole vehicle virtual sign off in one or a combination of the FEA, CFD, NVH, and MBD domains.
• Analysis at vehicle and component level using appropriate CAE techniques to ensure the design meets all company and external requirements.
• Create, maintain and actively promote CAE systems and procedures within the engineering department.
• Clearly and concisely present analysis results at a range of levels within the organisation.
• Production of realistic, logical and relevant analysis plans and timelines.
• Ensuring timely release of analysis reports, pitched at an appropriate level, in keeping with project timeline.
• Acting as deputy for the section head in their absence.
• Attending and inputting into engineering reviews and discussions.
• Assisting in the recruitment of new team members.
• Driving and improving analysis best practice and efficiency.
• Mentoring/managing colleagues and 3rd parties where required.
• Analysis and processing of test data.
• Clear grasp and application of first principals and hand calculations where appropriate.
• Work alongside system owners to evolve designs by giving advice on geometry as well as material and fixing strategy.
• Respond quickly with analysis support to ad-hoc problems encountered during prototype testing.
• Degree or Master’s degree in Engineering
• Recent experience in analysis software such as Hyperworks/Nastran/Abaqus/Anysis or STAR-CCM+/Fluent.
• Experienced in fatigue life prediction using tools such as Ncode or FESafe.
• New program development experience.
• Experienced user of Creo CAD software
• Hands-on approach and can-do attitude are essential, as is the ability to challenge mainstream thinking in a constructive and energetic way.
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Fluency in English with creative curiosity, collaborative ethic, hardworking and high level of enthusiasm.
• Experience working with cross functional teams both in the UK and abroad.
• A passion for the product and the Norton brand.
Benefits of working for Norton:
We offer desirable benefits for all employees of Norton, including;
• 25 days holiday (+ Bank Holidays)
• A generous pension scheme
• Life insurance
• WeCare Employee Assistance Programme
• On-site free parking
• Twice Yearly Event (Summer and Winter)
• Flexible working can be on offer for selected roles
• Competitive salary package
For any applications, please include the following information in an email to our HR Department: email@example.com
-The role you are applying for
Please No Agency Applications