Senior Electrical Engineer
Norton Motorcycles is an iconic, British motorcycle brand delivering exquisite riding experiences. For over 120 years, Norton Motorcycles has been celebrated worldwide for its unique place in motorcycle history. We are based in our new state-of-the-art facilities in Solihull, West Midlands, where we work in a tight-knit but ever-expanding team. Now under new ownership, Norton Motorcycles is proud to sit with the TVS Motor family.
Entering a new era, we are scaling globally and successful recruits will have the opportunity to be a part of that growth. The Norton company culture is built on respect, trust, and responsibility. We trust our employees to be fully capable of executing their role/s exceptionally and professionally, whilst valuing personal development, teaching and learning.
We are looking for an Senior Electrical Engineer to help us grow the product range and lift the quality of the motorcycle design to new highs.
As a member of the electrical engineering team, the Senior Electrical Engineer will be to develop network interfaces, specifications and software functional specifications.
Duties / Responsibilities
As a Senior Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring components used on the vehicle meet requirements set by internal teams and external suppliers and team reviews are held at the right team.
- Ensuring all electrical parts are released correctly for the vehicle and build phase and other engineers are aware of this.
- Identifying and working with software suppliers capable of developing the required software and agreeing the direction with the wider business.
- Working with the relevant suppliers on the development of this software within the scope previously defined. Understanding any relevant legislation (e.g., OBD2 etc) and ensure full compliance.
- Owning the network (CAN / LIN etc) specifications and/or DBC files across multiple product lines to ensure all suppliers and vehicles are following the same direction.
- Considering functional safety / fail safety requirements in the development of this.
- Ensuring the vehicles remain functional / safe in fault conditions.
- Considering network security and ability to protect from external intrusion.
- Creating, agreeing, and implementing a software release strategy for each vehicle/build phase.
- Creating, agreeing, and implementing a strategy to understand which software updates are compatible together and which specific bikes are suitable with which strategy.
- Identifying and considering any future trends of software and diagnostic delivery (e.g., SOTA/FOTA).
The candidate must have experience in the following:
- CAN/LIN specification development and testing.
- OBD2 requirements.
- Diagnostic software creation.
- Issue tracking, route cause replication and resolution.
- CAN based tools including Vector CANalzyer experience.
- Indepth CANbus system knowledge.
The candidate must have an Electrical Engineering or software degree, or similar combined with relevant industry experience and no less than 5 year’s industry experience.
Benefits of working for Norton
We offer desirable benefits for all employees of Norton, including;
- Competitive salary package
- 25 days holiday (+ Bank Holidays)
- Private Medical Healthcare and Cashback Plan
- A generous pension scheme and personalised pension advice
- Life insurance (4x salary)
- WeCare Employee Assistance Programme which includes;
- Online GP services
- Dietary advice
- Mental health support
- Bereavement counselling
- Fitness programme
- Twice yearly employee event (Summer and Winter)
- Free electric bicycle hire
- Flexible working can be on offer for selected roles
- On-site free parking
For any applications, please include the following information in an email to our HR Department: email@example.com
– Full Name
– The role you are applying for
– Covering Letter