Supplier Quality & Development Engineer
Norton Motorcycles is an iconic, British motorcycle brand delivering exquisite riding experiences. For over 120 years, Norton Motorcycles has been celebrated worldwide for its unique place in motorcycle history. We are based in our new state-of-the-art facilities in Solihull, West Midlands, where we work in a tight-knit but ever-expanding team. Now under new ownership, Norton Motorcycles is proud to sit with the TVS Motor family.
Entering a new era, we are scaling globally and successful recruits will have the opportunity to be a part of that growth. The Norton company culture is built on respect, trust, and responsibility. We trust our employees to be fully capable of executing their role/s exceptionally and professionally, whilst valuing personal development, teaching and learning.
The Norton Motorcycles Co. Ltd is looking for an experienced supplier quality engineer with a track record of delivery within manufacturing / engineering / automotive industries. You will be an enthusiastic and capable individual with a hands-on approach to Quality prepared to lead by example to instil a mindset of Quality First within a busy supply chain. You will need to demonstrate the ability to manage a high degree of change within an organisation.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Managing quality concerns relating to allocated suppliers on a timely basis
- Monitor and control conformity of production within the supply base, driven through a ‘zero defect’ policy
- Supporting the supplier to resolve quality issues to ensure product quality and supply
- Review, monitor & provide the monthly information for the operational KPI’s as required, report back to stakeholders
- Work with purchasing to assess potential suppliers to ensure compatibility with Norton’s Quality expectations
- Develop and monitor supplier improvement plans based on robust containment prevention and mistake proofing
- Manage part approval processes for parts on new projects, ensuring that pre-production builds have the right part, to the right Quality and at the right time (PPAP)
- Support manufacturing with new model build concerns to ensure build plans are maintained and issues are addressed in a controlled and constructive manner
- Conduct supplier selection & business health assessment audits to assess capability and suitability. Working closely with the Purchasing department to ensure suitable supplier selection and feedback on supplier performance concerns
- Working within the Quality team to create and implement new systems to act as a robust foundation for a brand new Quality department.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate verbally and in writing at all levels internally and externally.
- Supplier sourcing management using the PPAP system is essential
- Automotive experience is preferable
- Experienced in root cause analysis techniques
- Self-sufficient with good organisational skills
- A driving licence is required.
- The role may require international travel.
Benefits of working for Norton
We offer desirable benefits for all employees of Norton, including;
- Competitive salary package
- 25 days holiday (+ Bank Holidays)
- Private Medical Healthcare and Cashback Plan
- A generous pension scheme and personalised pension advice
- Life insurance (4x salary)
- WeCare Employee Assistance Programme which includes;
- Online GP services
- Dietary advice
- Mental health support
- Bereavement counselling
- Fitness programme
- Twice yearly employee event (Summer and Winter)
- Free electric bicycle hire
- Flexible working can be on offer for selected roles
- On-site free parking
For any applications, please include the following information in an email to our HR Department: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Full Name
– The role you are applying for
– Covering Letter