Norton Motorcycles is an iconic, British motorcycle brand delivering exquisite riding experiences. For over 120 years, Norton Motorcycles has been celebrated worldwide for its unique place in motorcycle history. We are based in our new state-of-the-art facilities in Solihull, West Midlands, where we work in a tight-knit but ever-expanding team. Now under new ownership, Norton Motorcycles is proud to sit with the TVS Motor family.
Entering a new era, we are scaling globally and successful recruits will have the opportunity to be a part of that growth. The Norton company culture is built on respect, trust, and responsibility. We trust our employees to be fully capable of executing their role/s exceptionally and professionally, whilst valuing personal development, teaching and learning.
We are looking for a Buyer with a some experience of working as part of a Procurement team within manufacturing / engineering / automotive industries. You will be an enthusiastic and capable individual whose internal relationships will be as important as those with your suppliers.
Previous experience within a manufacturing or engineering environment is preferred, and you will need to demonstrate the ability to work with some of the critical and fundamental technical components of the motorcycles whilst challenging them on Quality, Lead times and Cost. We are looking for a self-starter with the ability to think on their feet.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Purchase of goods, materials and services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
- Support the purchasing function and other relevant departments, communicating any supply problems which may impact on a project/s
- Prepare and raise orders and order schedules.
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications, ensuring that a professional and consistent approach is taken up
- Working closely with the Engineering Department to ensure nomination of correct supplier to support new project work on key technical components
- Negotiate contracts, improving prices and terms with suppliers whilst maintaining quality standards and expected delivery lead times.
- Work closely with team members to review opportunities for continuous improvement within the purchasing function.
- Access and contribute to the evaluation of current and/or prospective suppliers in relation to performance (quality, cost, delivery on time)
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- High level of attention to detail and well organised
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise workload
- Highly flexible individual who can adjust to a very agile environment
- Proactive, methodical, practical and persistent
- Able to work well under pressure
- Works well within a team
- Microsoft Office suite proficient
- Must have the Right To Work in the UK
Benefits of working for Norton
We offer desirable benefits for all employees of Norton, including;
- Competitive salary package
- 25 days holiday (+ Bank Holidays)
- Private Medical Healthcare and Cashback Plan
- A generous pension scheme and personalised pension advice
- Life insurance (4x salary)
- WeCare Employee Assistance Programme which includes;
- Online GP services
- Dietary advice
- Mental health support
- Bereavement counselling
- Fitness programme
- Twice yearly employee event (Summer and Winter)
- Free electric bicycle hire
- Flexible working can be on offer for selected roles
- On-site free parking
For any applications, please include the following information in an email to our HR Department: email@example.com
– Full Name
– The role you are applying for
– Covering Letter