Job Description - CAD/CAS Surface Designer
Norton Motorcycles is without doubt one of the most exciting 2 wheel brands in the world. This iconic British brand has recently been acquired by Indian giant TVS, who are looking to invest in its product range and Design & Engineering capability here in the UK.
As such, we are looking for a CAD/CAS Designer to help us grow a cutting edge and innovative product range whilst lifting the quality of the Designs to new highs.
The role of Lead Designer will be to manage various all Design elements of projects but also be able to understand the function of the teams everyday tasks. Timely decision making and positive team leadership is key to a healthy and productive working environment. A hands-on approach and can-do attitude are essential, as is the ability to challenge mainstream thinking in a constructive and energetic way.
Norton are looking to integrate Design & Engineering in a way not seen within the motorcycle industry, using cutting edge technologies and visualisation techniques.
Working as a Surface Designer your main responsibilities will include;
● Overseeing and managing the correct benchmarking to industry standards and competitor vehicles.
● Use software to create detailed 3D designs for complex projects
● Knowledge of industry, engineering and materials
● Ability to analyse data and situation and come up with strong creative solutions
● Will work closely with Engineers, mid-senior designers and other technical staff on project teams.
Candidates will need to satisfy the following essential requirements;
● An interest and understanding of fundamental motorcycle principles.
● A minimum of 3-5 years automotive/motorcycle design background.
● Strong knowledge/ skill set utilizing CAD/CAS Software
● Pro-E or CREO experience is preferred but not essential.
● Experience of industry standard surfacing such as Alias/ICEM surf.
● Experience with physical 3D model creation.
● Working knowledge of rapid prototyping methods.
● Experience of VR and other innovative visualisation techniques advantageous.
- 25 Days holiday (Small amount used for Christmas Holiday)
- Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Working
- Casual Dress
- Parking on site
Applicants must have the Right To Work in the UK
Job Type: Full-time
Salary package is dependent upon previous experience.
Please forward your CV, Covering Letter and Portfolio in the first instance to email@example.com stating which role you are applying for.