Job Description – CAD/CAS Surface Designer
Norton Motorcycles is without doubt one of the most exciting 2 wheel brands in the world. This iconic British brand has recently been acquired by Indian giant TVS, who are looking to invest in its product range and Design & Engineering capability here in the UK.
As such, we are looking for a CAD/CAS Designer to help us grow a cutting edge and innovative product range whilst lifting the quality of the Designs to new highs.
Norton are looking to integrate Design & Engineering in a way not seen within the motorcycle industry, using cutting edge technologies and visualisation techniques.
Roles, duties and responsibilities:
Key responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
● Overseeing and managing the correct benchmarking to industry standards and competitor vehicles.
● Use software to create detailed 3D designs for complex projects
● Knowledge of industry, engineering and materials
● Ability to analyse data and situation and come up with strong creative solutions
● Will work closely with Engineers, mid-senior designers and other technical staff on project teams.
Candidates will need to satisfy the following essential requirements;
● An interest and understanding of fundamental motorcycle principles.
● A minimum of 3-5 years automotive/motorcycle design background.
● Strong knowledge/ skill set utilizing CAD/CAS Software
● Pro-E or CREO experience is preferred but not essential.
● Experience of industry standard surfacing such as Alias/ICEM surf.
● Experience with physical 3D model creation.
● Working knowledge of rapid prototyping methods.
● Experience of VR and other innovative visualisation techniques advantageous.
- 25 Days holiday (Small amount used for Christmas Holiday)
- Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Working
- Casual Dress
- Parking on site
Applicants must have the Right To Work in the UK
NO AGENCY APPLICATIONS
Job Type: Full-time
Salary is dependent upon experience
Please forward your CV, portfolio and a covering letter in the first instance to email@example.com stating which role you are applying for.