Job Description - Development Technician
The Norton Motorcycles Co. Ltd is a dynamic, inspirational brand, at the forefront of British design and rapidly growing. This is an excellent opportunity for personal growth and progression whilst being involved in one of the most exciting global motorcycle manufacturers.
We are looking for a well-rounded Development Technician to support the R&D branch as the department begins to grow and expand, working alongside existing staff to assemble prototype vehicles and prepare for vehicle testing. This is an excellent opportunity for personal growth and progression whilst being involved in one of the most exciting global motorcycle manufacturers. This role will be based out of our new facility in Solihull.
Role, duties and responsibilities:
Key responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
● The job requires a wide range of knowledge and practical skill sets to support the continual development and help Norton cement its unique motorcycle development.
● Preparation of development motorcycles
● Assembly of prototype motorcycles
● Fitting and removal of components, sometimes without build manuals
● Chassis set up
● Problem solving
● Daily vehicle checks
● Clean down and inspection of test vehicles
● Completing vehicle job cards and logging information to pass on to the engineer
● 2yrs+ served in a similar automotive industry, ideally with chassis assembly experience
● Strong mechanical aptitude
● Excellent communication skills
● Operating rolling road equipment and logging results appropriately
● To have been involved with vehicle testing preparation
● A grounding in Microsoft excel is desirable
Applicants must have the Right To Work in the UK
NO AGENCY APPLICATIONS
Job Type: Full-time
Salary package is dependent upon previous experience.
Please forward your CV and a covering letter in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org stating which role you are applying for.