Job Description - Electrical Development Technician
Norton Motorcycles is an iconic, British motorcycle brand delivering exquisite riding experiences. For over 120 years, Norton Motorcycles has been celebrated worldwide for its unique place in motorcycle history. Now under new ownership, Norton Motorcycles is proud to sit with the TVS Motor family.
Entering a new era, we are scaling globally and this role will give successful recruits the opportunity to be a part of that growth. This role will be based in our state-of-the-art facilities in Solihull, West Midlands, working within our tight-knit but ever-expanding team.
We are looking for an Electrical Development Technician to help us grow the product range and lift the quality of the motorcycle design to new highs.
As a member of the electrical engineering team, the role of Electrical Development Technician will be a hands-on role. You will be instrumental as part of the electrical department, ensuring all testing and development for electrical and the wider engineering teams is carried out to a high standard, is repeatable and documented correctly.
As an Electrical Development Engineer, you will be responsible for:
● Managing your own workload to ensure that all planned electrical tests are carried out in line with the procedures, for all vehicles and build phases in a timely manner.
● Complete reports and documentation to highlight test results.
● Raising issues with the ability to complete a test or a procedure with the testing lead and agreeing a suitable deviation.
● Maintaining the test equipment and ensuring equipment is safe to use and calibrated.
● Maintaining the electrical workshop equipment and consumables and helping to identify any logging equipment that is required.
● Creating and repairing any testing / logging wiring harnesses and leads required.
● Fitting logging equipment to motorcycles and ensuring the proper operation in all conditions.
● Extracting logged data and passing the data to the relevant engineers for review. This may include basic data interpretation.
● Being involved in trial fitment of electrical parts.
● Modifying, and documenting modifications to development wiring harnesses to fix and resolve issues.
● Identifying and selecting sensors and similar items to support a specific test requirement.
● Supporting in the creation of test and development rigs for electrical equipment.
Candidate essential experience:
● Motorcycle electrical systems and packaging.
● Reading and interpreting harness diagrams, wiring schematics and component specifications and drawings.
● Working with electrical test procedures and understanding the content.
● Creating wiring harnesses for logging and testing purposes (not vehicle harnesses).
● Working with logging equipment and data.
● Working with different types of electrical sensors.
The candidate ideally would have experience in the following, but this is not essential:
● Programming and software development for automated test rig development.
● Build of benchtop test rigs.
Benefits of working for Norton:
We offer desirable benefits for all employees of Norton, including;
● 25 days holiday (+ Bank Holidays)
● A generous pension scheme
● Life insurance (We Care Employee Support Programme)
● On-site free parking
● Twice Yearly Event (Summer and Winter)
● Flexible working can be on offer for selected roles
Applicants must have the Right To Work in the UK
NO AGENCY APPLICATIONS
Job Type: Full-time
Salary package is dependent upon previous experience
It is essential that you send both your CV and a cover letter when applying for this role. Please also state where you heard about this vacancy within your application.
Please forward your CV and a covering letter in the first instance to email@example.com stating which role you are applying for.
We have a 10 day reply policy, so if you do not hear from us within 10 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.