Job Description - Health, Safety, Environment and Facilities (HSEF) Manager (Contract or Permanent Role)
The Norton Motorcycle Co. Ltd is looking for an experienced HSEF Manager with a track record of delivery within manufacturing / engineering / automotive industries. You will be an enthusiastic and capable individual with vast H&S, Environmental and Facilities knowledge, prepared to lead by example to instil a clear and positive mindset across all levels of the organisation and throughout multiple departments. You will need to demonstrate the ability to manage a high degree of change within an organisation.
Roles, Duties & Responsibilities:
Health and Safety
● Setting minimum standards of health and safety and advising management of best practices within the industry
● Establishing and maintaining robust Safety Management Systems
● Providing advice and assistance to the Management Team to help them achieve their H&S responsibilities
● Keeping up to date with new legislation and industry related safety information, briefing the Management Team accordingly
● Ensuring lines of communication are established with the emergency services and the relevant enforcement agencies e.g., Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
● Compiling accident statistics and establishing and maintaining accident and incident reduction initiatives
● Carrying out accident and incident investigations and EL Claims handling
● Contributing to the continuous improvement in business performance as a member of the Management Team
● Advising the Directors and Senior Team managers on all relevant H&S matters
● Completing internal and external health, safety and fire audits.
● Assessing safety training needs for staff and organising such required training
● Development and delivery of training programmes e.g. DSEAR, Legionella, COSHH, Machinery Safety
● Staff training and awareness campaigns in all topics (Manual handling, Transport, Dust Awareness, Repetitive strain’s, Noise, Height, Slips, Trips & Falls)
● Developing and maintaining the Company H&S policies, procedures and related documentation
● Completing Risk Assessments, Safe Systems of Work, Method Statements and Fire Risk Assessments.
● Co-ordination of monthly site H&S Committee meetings
● Build on the positive safety culture on site and team spirit as an H,S,E & F Manager by ensuring visibility and demonstrating that staff are supported
● Budget holder for Health & Safety and environmental costs
● Responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of the company premises to ensure that they meet health and safety standards and legal requirements
● Organise and oversee building and grounds maintenance services
● Manage and review service contracts
● Manage the cleaning, waste disposal, office supplies, security and parking on site, while managing related budgets and maintaining records
● Schedule and supervise maintenance and repair work and checking installation and servicing building equipment overseeing and agreeing contracts and providers for services including security, cleaning, catering and building and grounds maintenance
● Be the catalyst for activity and commitment to environmental management
● Ensure, as a minimum, legal compliance with environmental matters and reduce risk of non-compliance
● Identify opportunities for continuous environmental improvement and implement programmes to deliver these
● Advising the business on increasing energy efficiency and cost-effectiveness
● Promote and coordinate the integration of environmental management and sustainability issues into policies, rules, products, services and operations
● Assist the company to perform more efficiently and therefore more competitively, which in turn promotes environmental and social improvements.
● Manage and control the companys recycling and waste management procedures
● Provide technical support on projects, and on building modifications that have environmental impacts and aspects.
- 25 Days holiday (Small amount used for Christmas Holiday)
- Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Working
- Casual Dress
- Parking on site
Applicants must have the Right To Work in the UK
Job Type: Full-time
Salary package is dependent upon previous experience.
Please forward your CV and a covering letter in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org stating which role you are applying for.