Job Description - Junior Technical Buyer
Norton Motorcycles is looking to recruit a Junior Technical Buyer to join its growing team. The individual will form part of driving the purchasing function of this UK based global brand to ensure a robust and committed supply chain.
We are looking for a Buyer with a some experience of working as part of a Procurement team within manufacturing / engineering / automotive industries. You will be an enthusiastic and capable individual whose internal relationships will be as important as those with your suppliers.
Previous experience within a manufacturing or engineering environment is preferred, and you will need to demonstrate the ability to work with some of the critical and fundamental technical components of the motorcycles whilst challenging them on Quality, Lead times and Cost.
Key responsibilities will include:
● Purchase of goods, materials and services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
● Support the purchasing function and other relevant departments, communicating any supply problems which may impact on a project/s
● Prepare and raise orders and order schedules.
● Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications, ensuring that a professional and consistent approach is taken up
● Working closely with the Engineering Department to ensure nomination of correct supplier to support new project work on key technical components
● Negotiate contracts, improving prices and terms with suppliers whilst maintaining quality standards and expected delivery lead times.
● Work closely with team members to review opportunities for continuous improvement within the purchasing function.
● Access and contribute to the evaluation of current and/or prospective suppliers in relation to performance (quality, cost, delivery on time)
Applicants must have the Right To Work in the UK
NO AGENCY APPLICATIONS
Job Type: Full-time
Flexible working available, subject to approval.
Salary package is dependent upon previous experience.
Please forward your CV and a covering letter in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org stating which role you are applying for.