Job Description – Lead Motorcycle Designer
Norton Motorcycles is without doubt one of the most exciting 2 wheel brands in the world. This iconic British brand has recently been acquired by Indian giant TVS, who are looking to invest in its product range and Design & Engineering capability here in the UK.
As such, we are looking for a time served Lead Motorcycle Designer to help us grow a cutting edge and innovative product range whilst lifting the quality of the Designs to new highs.
The role of Lead Designer will be to manage various all Design elements of projects but also be able to understand the function of the teams everyday tasks. Timely decision making and positive team leadership is key to a healthy and productive working environment. A hands-on approach and can-do attitude are essential, as is the ability to challenge mainstream thinking in a constructive and energetic way.
Norton are looking to integrate Design & Engineering in a way not seen within the motorcycle industry, using cutting edge technologies and visualisation techniques.
Roles, duties and responsibilities:
Key responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
● Overseeing and managing the correct benchmarking to industry standards and competitor vehicles.
● Concept and Idea generation.
● Producing sketches to a high standard.
● Specifying materials & manufacturing methods.
● Producing 3D CAD surfaces prior to the detail engineering phase.
● Preparing physical 3D models for reviews.
● Supporting Engineering to ensure the Design ethos is captured in the product.
● Leads projects, analyzes and solves complex problems, and recommends solutions in the below areas;
● Conceptualize and champion user centered design within teams and the larger organization;
● Design principles may include responsive / adaptive design and consistent / intuitive end-to-end experience.
Candidates will need to satisfy the following essential requirements;
● An interest and understanding of fundamental motorcycle principles.
● Proven track record of delivering Design projects
● A minimum of 8 years automotive/motorcycle design background.
● 3-4 Years Management experience and developing people
● Running projects independently and be a support and point of contact for Head of Design
● Pro-E or CREO experience is preferred but not essential.
● Experience of industry standard surfacing such as Alias/ICEM surf.
● Photoshop expertise.
● Experience with physical 3D model creation.
● Working knowledge of rapid prototyping methods.
● Experience of VR and other innovative visualisation techniques advantageous.
- 25 Days holiday (Small amount used for Christmas Holiday)
- Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Working
- Casual Dress
- Parking on site
Applicants must have the Right To Work in the UK
NO AGENCY APPLICATIONS
Job Type: Full-time
Salary is dependent upon experience
Please forward your CV, portfolio and a covering letter in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org stating which role you are applying for.