Job Description - Production Planner/Scheduler
Norton Motorcycles is a dynamic, inspirational brand at the forefront of British design and rapidly growing. We are looking for an experienced Production Controller, to support the Head of Operations to organise and plan the production schedule for the manufacturing facility for our range of motorcycles. This is an excellent opportunity for personal growth and progression whilst being involved in one of the most exciting global motorcycle manufacturers. This role will be based out of our new facility in Solihull. Based within the Production Department and reporting directly to the Head of Operations, the role holder will work closely with the Purchasing, Production and Sales departments.
The job requires a strategic knowledge and practical understanding to support day-to-day planning. The development of a new planning method and processes is required to allow strong planning and control of both the Build plan and associated documentation.
● Planning and managing the build plan for the facility
● Logging adherence and performance to plan and reporting to the management team
● Control the documentation used in production and stored within a document register to ensure that all required information is stores as appropriate
● Capturing KPIs and circulating these to the Operations team and updating Cell Performance Boards
● Providing all relevant document to the Sales team for Customer and Dealer handovers of Bike
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
● Develop and control a build plan for production based on Actual and Forecasted sales to support both direct customer & dealer orders
● Plan the production facility activity for both Manufacturing and Assembly to ensure the build plan can be met and adhered too
● Communicate performance and adherence to the plan the Operations team
● Communicating to sales the completion dates for Bike Completion activity on a regular basis as jobs progress against the build plan
● Liaison with Purchasing on any parts supply issues affecting delivery dates
● Produce and control a build documentation register to capture and record: Build documents, Registration documents and inspection sheets to ensure all information is logged and stored appropriately.
● Capture and Log KPIs across the operations team and circulate the performance and update the KPI boards across the facility.
● Planning Experience in both a Manufacturing and Assembly Environments
● Understanding of Production documentation
● Advantageous to have an understanding of automotive control documentation
● Experience of controlling and updating KPIs
● Strong Experience in Microsoft office is essential
Applicants must have the Right To Work in the UK
NO AGENCY APPLICATIONS
Job Type: Full-time
Salary package is dependent upon previous experience.
Please forward your CV and a covering letter in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org stating which role you are applying for.