Job Description - Quality Engineer - Vehicle Inspection and Dynamics
Norton Motorcycles are looking for a Quality Inspection and Dynamics Engineer to join its Quality team based in Solihull.
Key responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
● Conduct weekly customer quality perception audits of completed motorbikes, this process consists of an in depth inspection of the build quality, build specification and functional check in addition to a road test replicating a PDI audit.
● Inspector training including new starter, core skills, methodology and process adherence assessments.
● Conduct detailed vehicle inspection audits (Keshikomi) checking the parts to the standards and reviewing standards and processes accordingly.
● Creating and maintaining vehicle inspection processes.
● In-house quality route cause investigations and route cause analysis.
● Quality concern management.
● Feed into the Quality History Report process to ensure new part/product quality issues are not repeated.
● Support manufacturing with build concerns to ensure build plans are maintained and issues are addressed in a controlled and constructive manner.
● Conducting regular torque audits.
● Distribution and monitoring of warranty concerns on the shop floor.
● Vehicle inspection experience is essential.
● Must be experienced in dynamically assessing vehicles. Competent in conducting road assessments and functional audits.
● Automotive experience is essential.
● Experienced in route cause analysis techniques.
● Mechanically minded with an ability to re-work parts when required.
● Able to work autonomously and good organisational skills.
A driving licence is required.
The role will require international travel.
Motorbike licence is preferable.
Applicants must have the Right To Work in the UK
NO AGENCY APPLICATIONS
Job Type: Full-time
Salary package is dependent upon previous experience.
Please forward your CV and a covering letter in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org stating which role you are applying for.