Job Description - Senior Diagnostic & Software Engineer
Norton Motorcycles is an iconic, British motorcycle brand delivering exquisite riding experiences. For over 120 years, Norton Motorcycles has been celebrated worldwide for its unique place in motorcycle history. Now under new ownership, Norton Motorcycles is proud to sit with the TVS Motor family.
Entering a new era, we are scaling globally and this role will give successful recruits the opportunity to be a part of that growth. This role will be based in our state-of-the-art facilities in Solihull, West Midlands, working within our tight-knit but ever-expanding team.
We are looking for an Senior Electrical Network, Diagnostic and Software Engineer to help us grow the product range and lift the quality of the motorcycle design to new highs.
As a member of the electrical engineering team, the Senior Electrical Network, Diagnostic and Software Engineer will be to develop diagnostic tools, network interfaces and specifications, and software functional specifications.
As a Senior Electrical Network, Diagnostic and Software Engineer, you will be responsible for:
● Working with internal teams and all external stakeholders to capture the requirements for ‘dealer’ diagnostic software going forwards.
● Being aware of any legislation that guide the direction diagnostic software goes in.
● Identifying and working with software suppliers capable of developing the required software and agreeing the direction with the wider business.
● Working with the relevant suppliers on the development of this software within the scope previously defined.
● Ensuring all component/module design includes the relevant diagnostic considerations.
● Understanding any relevant legislation (e.g., OBD2 etc) and ensure full compliance.
● Owning the network (CAN / LIN etc) specifications and/or DBC files across multiple product lines to ensure all suppliers and vehicles are following the same direction.
● Considering functional safety / fail safety requirements in the development of this.
● Ensuring the vehicles remain functional / safe in fault conditions.
● Considering network security and ability to protect from external intrusion.
● Creating, agreeing, and implementing a software release strategy for each vehicle/build phase.
● Creating, agreeing, and implementing a strategy to understand which software updates are compatible together and which specific bikes are suitable with which strategy.
● Identifying and considering any future trends of software and diagnostic delivery (e.g., SOTA/FOTA).
Candidate essential experience:
The candidate must have an Electrical Engineering or software degree, or similar combined with relevant industry experience and no less than 5 year’s industry experience.
● CAN/LIN specification development and testing.
● OBD2 requirements.
● Diagnostic software creation.
● Issue tracking, route cause replication and resolution.
Benefits of working for Norton:
We offer desirable benefits for all employees of Norton, including;
● 25 days holiday (+ Bank Holidays)
● A generous pension scheme
● Life insurance (We Care Employee Support Programme)
● On-site free parking
● Twice Yearly Event (Summer and Winter)
● Flexible working can be on offer for selected roles
Applicants must have the Right To Work in the UK
NO AGENCY APPLICATIONS
Job Type: Full-time
Salary package is dependent upon previous experience
It is essential that you send both your CV and a cover letter when applying for this role. Please also state where you heard about this vacancy within your application.
Please forward your CV and a covering letter in the first instance to email@example.com stating which role you are applying for.
We have a 10 day reply policy, so if you do not hear from us within 10 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.