Job Description - Senior Electrical Component Engineer
Norton Motorcycles is an iconic, British motorcycle brand delivering exquisite riding experiences. For over 120 years, Norton Motorcycles has been celebrated worldwide for its unique place in motorcycle history. Now under new ownership, Norton Motorcycles is proud to sit with the TVS Motor family.
Entering a new era, we are scaling globally and this role will give successful recruits the opportunity to be a part of that growth. This role will be based in our state-of-the-art facilities in Solihull, West Midlands, working within our tight-knit but ever-expanding team.
We are looking for an Senior Electrical Component Engineer to help us grow the product range and lift the quality of the motorcycle design to new highs.
As a member of the electrical engineering team, the role Senior Electrical Component Engineer will be to design and develop several significant components and systems that make up the motorcycle electrical system. This could include creating control module specification and drawings, reviewing suppliers specifications and drawings for suitability and creating any relevant requirement documentation. You will be responsible for your design areas from concept to production.
As a senior electrical component engineer, you will be responsible for:
● Understanding the requirements across the product range that must be considered in the development of new components/modules/hardware for use on the motorcycle.
● Creating, agreeing, and maintaining standard specification documents (environmental/thermal/EMC/electrical etc) that can be used to ensure all selected components are suitable.
● Creating and reviewing electrical hardware specifications (inputs/outputs etc) for the development of new components.
● Working with other engineers within the wider teams to ensure that all requirements are captured.
● Working with the testing lead to create test and validation procedures for all new and existing components.
● Validating the fundamental design of electrical components with external suppliers.
● Working with other engineers on the optimal locations / packaging of any items where required based on internal and external requirements.
● Support the integration engineers through the development of the vehicles to ensure and issues are identified and resolved in a timely manner.
● Working with other departments in the selection of suitable suppliers and components.
● Working with the wider electrical team to develop functional specifications and requirements for modules.
Candidate essential experience:
The candidate must have an Electrical Engineering degree, or similar combined with relevant industry experience and no less than 5 year’s industry experience.
● Automotive electrical component specification and design.
● Owning and creating specification documents.
● ISO/similar standards for component testing / design.
● Be able to read and understand electrical circuit / PCB schematics as required.
● Component level testing and fault finding.
● CAN/LIN communication and simulation methods.
The candidate ideally would have experience in the following, but this is not essential:
● Direct experience of component electrical design (e.g., PCB design) from a supplier.
● CREO / Pro-engineer
● EDS design.
Benefits of working for Norton:
We offer desirable benefits for all employees of Norton, including;
● 25 days holiday (+ Bank Holidays)
● A generous pension scheme
● Life insurance (We Care Employee Support Programme)
● On-site free parking
● Twice Yearly Event (Summer and Winter)
● Flexible working can be on offer for selected roles
Applicants must have the Right To Work in the UK
NO AGENCY APPLICATIONS
Job Type: Full-time
Salary package is dependent upon previous experience
It is essential that you send both your CV and a cover letter when applying for this role. Please also state where you heard about this vacancy within your application.
Please forward your CV and a covering letter in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org stating which role you are applying for.
We have a 10 day reply policy, so if you do not hear from us within 10 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.