Job Description – Vehicle Quality Engineer
The Norton Motorcycle Co. Ltd is looking for an experienced quality engineer with a track record of delivery within manufacturing / engineering / automotive industries. You will be an enthusiastic and capable individual with a hands-on approach to Quality prepared to lead by example to instil a mindset of Quality First within a busy supply chain. You will need to demonstrate the ability to manage a high degree of change within an organisation.
Roles, duties and responsibilities:
Key responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
● Conduct weekly customer quality perception audits of completed motorbikes, this process consists of an in depth inspection of the build quality, build specification and functional check in addition to a road test replicating a PDI audit.
● Inspector training including new starter, core skills, methodology and process adherence assessments.
● Conduct detailed vehicle inspection audits (Keshikomi) checking the parts to the standards and reviewing standards and processes accordingly.
● Creating and maintaining vehicle inspection processes.
● In-house quality route cause investigations and route cause analysis.
● Quality concern management.
● Feed into the Quality History Report process to ensure new part/product quality issues are not repeated.
● Support manufacturing with build concerns to ensure build plans are maintained and issues are addressed in a controlled and constructive manner.
● Conducting regular torque audits.
● Distribution and monitoring of warranty concerns on the shop floor.
● Strong working knowledge of powertrain essential.
● Vehicle inspection experience is essential.
● Must be experienced in dynamically assessing vehicles. Competent in conducting road assessments and functional audits.
● Automotive experience is essential.
● Experienced in route cause analysis techniques.
● Mechanically minded with an ability to re-work parts when required.
● Able to work autonomously and good organisational skills.
- 25 Days holiday (Small amount used for Christmas Holiday)
- Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Working
- Casual Dress
- Parking on site
Applicants must have the Right To Work in the UK
NO AGENCY APPLICATIONS
Job Type: Full-time
A driving licence is required - Motorbike licence is preferable
The role may require international travel
Salary is dependent upon experience
Please forward your CV and a covering letter in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org stating which role you are applying for.