We are excited to announce the launch of our re-engineered V4SV! Inspired by Norton’s 100 years of racing prowess and success at the Isle of Man TT, the new V4SV will be the only British designed and built superbike in production in the UK. The launch of the V4SV is a huge milestone and yet…
The re-engineered V4SV is available in two colour options: Carbon and Manx Silver. The Manx Silver option is finished in striking silver bodywork with red and carbon pinstripes, a black front number board and red OZ Racing forged aluminium wheels. The V4SV Carbon option features exposed carbon fibre body work finish and carbon fibre BST wheels for reduced weight and unrivalled response. Both Norton V4SV colour options feature carbon fibre fuel tank and body work, a TIG-welded aluminium tube frame handcrafted and polished to a mirror finish, and a Union Jack on the tail of the motorcycle.
Elsewhere, to offer the ultimate superbike experience, each model is powered by our very own liquid-cooled 1200cc, 72-degree V4 engine, and optimised to produce 185bhp at 12,500rpm and 125Nm of torque at 9,000rpm. The frame is aerospace graded aluminum, which was designed and developed at the world’s most rigorous race track – the Isle of Man TT. Every V4SV frame is hand-welded and hand-polished at our multi-million-pound factory in Solihull, Birmingham.
Full quick shift and auto blipper system, adjustable front and rear suspension, Brembo disc brakes, a sophisticated lean-angle sensitive traction-control and three engine modes (wet, road and sport) are all offered on this British motorcycle. As standard, the Norton V4SV is fitted with LED lighting for low beam, high beam, indicators and tail light, alongside a keyless ignition system. Also fitted is a full-colour six-inch TFT display, which includes a rear view camera functionality and an under-seat carbon fibre 15-litre fuel tank, with Kevlar reinforcement.
The V4SV is unlike anything on the market today, by design, but its everything you expect in a bike built by Norton. Short gearing and engaging power make this a perfect bike for the road. This is the ultimate British superbike that will challenge and excite riders from the moment they get on the bike to the moment they get off. It is undoubtedly a beautiful piece of art. We are incredibly proud of what we have produced given the challenges we have faced getting it to the start line.
The V4SV will be sold at a price of £44,000. We are prioritising the deposit orders placed before TVS acquired the company in April 2020. However, we will be taking orders very soon so be sure to register your interest here to be the first to hear about production updates.
- Engine Type: Norton 72-degree liquid-cooled V4, 1200cc. Chain-driven cams with idler gear for reduced engine height. Titanium inlet valves. Slipper clutch.
- Bore & Stroke: 82mm x 56.8mm.
- Compression Ratio: 13.6:1.
- Fuel injection: Electronic fuel-injection system. 8-fuel injectors. Full drive-by-wire system independent on front and rear banks of cylinders for ultimate control and feel.
- Power: 185bhp @ 12,500rpm.
- Torque: 125Nm @ 9,000rpm.
- Bodywork: Full carbon fibre.
- Fuel Tank: Under-seat carbon fibre 15-litre fuel tank, with Kevlar reinforcement.
- Footrests: Billet footrests and pedals.
- Chassis Type: Aluminium tubular chassis. Aerospace 5-axis CNC machined outriggers and headstock. Frame is hand TIG welded at Norton HQ and hand-polished to a mirror finish.
- Adjustable Geometry: Adjustable rake angle, steering offset and swingarm pivot.
- Swingarm: Braced and underslung single-sided billet swingarm with rising rate linkage geometry developed from the TT race bikes.
- Wheelbase: 1434mm.
- Dry Weight: 193kg.
- Headstock Angle: 23.9 degrees.
- Yokes: Billet top and bottom.
- Wheels: Carbon model: Carbon fibre BSTs. Manx model: Oz racing forged aluminium.
- Steering Damper: Ohlins damper.
Note: Chassis design was developed at the world’s most rigorous race track – the Isle of Man TT.
- Front Brakes: 2 x 330mm floating discs. Radially mounted Brembo monobloc calipers. Brembo discs, and Brembo master cylinder.
- Rear Brakes: Brembo 245mm rear disc. Brembo caliper and master-cylinder.
- Front Suspension: Ohlins NIX30 system front fork. Fully adjustable.
- Rear Suspension: Ohlins TTXGP Norton bespoke fully adjustable rear shock.
- Lighting: LED lighting for low beam, high beam, indicators and tail light.
- Instruments: Full-colour 6-inch display with auto brightness adjustment. Includes rear view camera functionality (does not replace rear view mirrors), DRL-style lighting mode and rider ‘Engine Mode’ adjustment.
- Engine Modes: Wet, Road and Sport.
- Quick Shift: Full quick shift system and auto blipper.
- Electronic Aids: Linked to Engine Mode: Lean-angle sensitive traction-control using six-axis
- Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU). Ignition: Keyless ignition system with electronic steering lock (manual fuel filler cap).
- Manx Silver